Saturday, April 6, 2013

Music Reflection


Friedrich Nietzsche said, “Without music, life would be a mistake.” I would have to agree with him. My love for music is vast. And I have spent a lot of time and money on music. I truly believe that Music is a gift from God.

One of the true blessings that this Blog has done is open my eyes to wonderful new Christian music. I have heard some of the classics, like “The Old Rugged Cross” or new ones like, songs by Third Day and Casting Crowns. But during this journey I was exposed to some amazing Christian Music, like the song we discovered that was sung in Portuguese from this Brazilian kid, or a great version of “Victory in Jesus”

So about halfway into the blog, I made a YouTube playlist of all the songs that we posted in our blog and each week I would add a new song. Well the list is long but for those who want the playlist, Link to Dwight's Christian Music Playlist.  Click and you can press (shuffle) and enjoy hours of music.

Also I found a wonderful article “Who Invented Music?” that explains music from a Biblical aspect, and I was blown away by it. It starts out like this,

“Have you ever heard that song that just causes you to weep? How about the one that makes you want to fly?

In our busy lives of constantly checking our favorite sites and blogging endlessly about things that probably aren’t too beneficial (I’m guilty of this too), I find that sitting down, taking a deep breath, and letting the Holy Spirit meet me through music is one of the most therapeutic times in my day.

Why? Because we were made in the image of God, and He loves music too…”

and gets better as it goes. The link to that article Who Invented Music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment