Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reflection 1


Late November I came up with an idea to dive into God’s word and really pray and seek God’s face in every passage I encountered. I decided to write my thoughts down and thought if people wanted to follow they could so I created the Christmas to Easter Blog. The idea was to each day write down the bible verse that I had prayed and meditated about. I knew it was going to be hard so I asked Janet (a friend from the Navy) to help me. Thinking that teamwork is promoted in the Bible as it says in Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" and we worked well together. We would bounce ideas off each other and synergy was good all with the teachings we have already received and things we looked up. The next step was each of us making a promise to God that I would do everything I could to be faithful to write about a scripture once a day and neither of us could have done it without each other.

As I look back at this blog, this took on a life of itself. It really did appear to me as “a life” on earth to me. I know it sounds strange but just like life the blog was challenging. It was born on Christmas and transitioned to the Afterlife on Easter. It took strength and dedication to complete it well.

Also the encouragement was nice to. Just like in life a little encouragement goes a long way. People liking it on Facebook, people leaving comments, there were no negative comments and that is encouraging. So those who followed, and encouraged Thank you.

So we are going to do a few reflections and then start our own Blogs. Mine is going to be called D’s Corner. At http://doubledscorner.blogspot.com/ and Janet’s Blog is called Jay’s Jabberings at http://jaysjabberings.blogspot.com/.  I would hope you follow us on those. 

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment