Friday, April 5, 2013

Reflection 2

When Dwight approached me with the idea of doing a blog each day from Christmas to Easter I was excited and agreed immediately and we both embraced it. I had no idea then what I was getting into and how much it would affect my life. It became our baby and we watched it blossom and grow into a life of its own. I know it changed my life and I am hoping it did Dwight and all of the people who read it as well.

I will admit that it was a challenge at times. When we were both busy with life, finding time to sit down and write something was a struggle and we fell behind a few times but it was important to us both to account for everyday, even if we were behind. We made a commitment to this blog, to each other, to our readers and most of all to God and so we made sure no days were left uncovered. If we had to post two a day to catch up then we did.

I thought a few times that we bit off more than we could chew and that how are we going to make it and continue to think of things to write about, but time and again the inspiration came to me. Sometimes it was through a verse, a sermon, a saying, a song, an experience or even dreams and seemingly random thoughts that came to mind. Regardless of how the inspirations came to me I really feel they were given to me by God to lead me to say what He wanted to say, despite that fact that sometimes the topics were a bit touchy and hard to post.

Both of us bared our hearts and souls on the blog, challenged by each other and convicted by God to post what was on our hearts, regardless of how tough it may be. I am proud of myself for some of the things I posted and I am equally proud of Dwight for what he shared and I hope our transparency reached other people for God’s glory.

I was also amazed at the number of followers and readers who visited the blog and felt humbled and honored that God was using us to reach so many people. This blog was such a blessing in my life and one I will cherish and remember forever. It became such an integral part of my day, either writing the blog or reading Dwight’s and I embraced each time as a chance to grow closer to God. I will miss our Christmas to Easter blog but I think it is ending at a good time, before it becomes a burden and something we dread. It is a bit of relief but also leaves a hole in my day, a bittersweet goodbye.

I know that we are both going to be continuing to blog our own blogs, but it will be more like once or twice a week rather than daily. Thank you Dwight for letting me be a part of such an awesome blog. Thank you readers for following and making this experience a wonderful one. Thank you God for using me to reach others and spread Your word. Thank You!

I would like to dedicate this song to Dwight for his support and encouragement in the blog and in my life, You are a great friend and I am so grateful I got the chance to work with you on this project for God. As the song states, "Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a life that was changed." I was changed by your obedience, devotion and submission to God as well as your prayers and friendship to me and I know that others have been touched by you too. I also hope and pray that I was also used in other's lives the way you were used in mine. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment